Tenant Find Service: - Minimum of 8% (Minimum lettings fee £900) (no vat to be added) - All fee are on a NO LET NO FEE BASIS- No upfront costs.
- Marketing - We advertise all of the properties on our own company website and the property portals Zoopla, Primelocation and On The Market. We will also advertise our properties on Social media portals such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. A ‘To Let’ board will be erected at the front of the property unless stated otherwise.
- Viewings - We accompany all viewings unless stated otherwise.
- Photography/Floorplan - We will provide photographs of your property to use on our colour brochure and also provide a professional floorplan. We can also offer a virtual tour.
- Tenancy Selection - We always require prospective tenants to complete an application form when applying for one of our properties. An external referencing agency will do a thorough Credit Check, request an employers reference and request a Landlord/Letting Agent reference on the prospective tenants.
- Tenancy Agreement - We will prepare the Tenancy Agreement and other legal documents required.
- Inventory - Neo's in addition can provide a Full detailed Inventory with photographs at the Landlords request at an additional cost of £100 (no vat to be added)
Management Service: - Initial set up cost of £500 this includes a full detailed Inventory with photographs (no vat to be added) then a monthly fee of a minimum of 8% - All fees are on a NO LET NO FEE BASIS- No upfront costs.
Neo’s Management Service includes all of the above and also:
- Inventory - We will conduct a detailed photographic inventory of the property.
- Move-In - We will collect all of the monies required from the tenant before we hand over the keys to the property. The deposit will be held with the DPS.
- Rent - We will collect the monthly rent from the tenant via Standing Order and payment to the Landlord will be made via BACS to the Landlords nominated bank account along with the monthly statement.
- Maintenance - We will organise any necessary repairs to the property with the verification and permission from the Landlord.
- Inspections - We will carry out an inspection of the property every six months and a written report will always be given to the landlord.
- Notices - We will provide the tenants with the appropriate notice when their tenancy is due to end. We will also deal with the legal aspects of the tenancy such as evictions, non-payment, harassment or problems with squatters.
- Gas Safety - We will organise for the annual Gas Safety check to be done unless stated otherwise. The service must by carried out by a contractor registered with Gas Safe previously known as CORGI. The relevant law is The Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998.
- Electrical Safety - The electrical wiring in the home must also be safe and in good working order and smoke alarms should be fitted and work properly. Wiring that is more than 15 years old needs to be inspected annually. The relevant law regarding electrical safety for landlords is The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994 and Smoke Detectors Act 1991.
- Fire Safety - All furniture and furnishing need to meet strict criteria laid out in the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations1988 (amended 1989 and 1993). Under these regulations all upholstered items, including beds and sofas, must have fire resistant filling and have passed a match resistance test. As a general rule items bought before 1988 may need to be replaced. The regulations apply to pillows, beds, sofas, armchairs and nursery furniture but not antique furniture or furniture made before 1950, duvets, curtains and carpets.
- Energy Performance Certificate - We are required under the Government Legislation that your property has a valid EPC Certificate if your property does not have this and you agree to market your property with Neo's then a fee of £65 would be payable immediately to the EPC Company Officer which we can recommend if required, however, you may wish to instruct your own provider. Since 1st October 2008, Landlords have been legally required to provide copies of an Energy Performance Certificate to potential tenants. An EPC tells a landlord and prospective tenants how energy efficient a rental property is on a scale of A-G, with A being the most efficient. The EPC certificate also indicates, on a scale of A-G, about the impact the property has on the environment.
- Renewals of contract - £200 (no vat to be added)